Firing Up the Christmas Tree Angel

John Sailors | Blog

My wife tops our Christmas tree each year with an angel, and according to tradition that predates Christianity, as husband I do the lights. Early on I learned how a bright C-7 bulb under the angel lights up her silver-white dress and makes her glow. 

This year I bought water-filled bulbs that once heated up cause the water to bubble, creating a flashing sensation. And in a fit of genius, I moved one of them under the angel, and that really brought the top of the tree to life.

It was a few hours later at my computer that I realized the lights were meant to emulate candles, and therefore in a fit of unthinking creativity I was displaying the sticking of a candle up the dress of an angel, possibly more of a bah humbug than a Merry Christmas. 

I removed the bulb but I can't get rid of the feeling that the angel's frowning at me all the time.


(C) 2016 by John Sailors. All rights reserved.